Friday, November 24, 2017

Time For The Tree

Thanksgiving, a day of great food and being around family and/or friends, has passed. That was yesterday, though I am thankful every day. Now it is time to get my living room in order so that I can figure out where I am going to put our new tree.

That's right, we got a new tree. We have been married for a little over 5 years now and the tree that we had been using is one that he had bought when he divorced. A cute, small tree that we decorated but the lights went out and it was time to get a new one.  It is really nice to have a tree that is "ours". I know that might sound trivial and maybe it's a "female" thing but we had a new beginning and now we are making new memories as a blended family. So, this tree will be with us for the rest of our Christmases together.

I am feeling the Christmas spirit more this year than I have in a long time. Does it take long for this to happen in a blended family? I use to always get into the spirit of Christmas with my decorating and smells and lights. This year will be festive for us and I am so excited about it.

But now...it's time to go shop those Black Friday sales. Our new tree will be up soon and pics will follow.

Many Blessings ~ Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! You are helping make this a better place for everyone. :)