Sunday, February 5, 2017

Happy Sabbath Day!

Today is the Sabbath day and in our household, we try with all our hearts to keep it holy, as the Lord commanded.

I want to focus today on the plan of Happiness that our Heavenly Father wants for you and I. For so long, I searched for it in so many areas of my life.

Sometimes it is hard to find happiness in ALL areas of your life but focusing on what makes you happy and trying to see positive in the things that aren't so good, will change your life.

It has changed mine. There are so many things I can be negative about. Negativity comes easy for us all. Positivity can sometimes be work...that means humbling ourselves and thinking of others, seeing that it could be so much worse and then be thankful it isn't.


Whenever I am feeling down on myself or looking at how I wish it could be (wishing I lived closer to my children and granddaughter and that the hearts of those estranged would be softened) or feeling I am not good enough, I focus on my Faith and in the atonement of Jesus Christ and the love I have for our Savior and all He went through for me; for you. You can read the story of how He died for all and the suffering He took upon Himself in His ministry and while on the cross but there is something about seeing with the eyes. I mean you can imagine the words but it's hard to think of how bad it really was. Especially for me.

I recently watched the movie, RISEN. It is the best film about the Life of Jesus since the Passion of the Christ. This movie is witnessing the manhunt that changed the course of human history. It's an epic Biblical story of the Resurrection as told through the eyes of a non-believer. Clavius, a powerful Roman military tribune, and his aide, Lucius, are tasked with solving the mystery of what happened to Jesus in the weeks following the crucifixion in order to disprove the rumors of a risen Messiah and prevent an uprising in Jerusalem

After watching this film, man, it made me really think about life. I mean really ponder about the life I have and how, if I was born way back then, how it would be. What do I have to complain about, really? As I watched it, I thought, "I would have taken a picture of the healing of that leper with my cell phone" or "Too bad the disciples couldn't call or text each other when they parted ways." The love they had for the Savior, the mission, His ministry, and for all mankind.

To be able to be that way in our day and time would make some in the world think, "Oh, they are just religious freaks." I don't know how many times I have been called that but all I can say is, if loving others so much to share the truth of this gospel is being a religious freak, then I gladly bear the name calling. At least I was heard and realizing that what they do with it is their choice, be in constant prayer for their hearts to be open and receptive.

So, in my life, I choose to do all I can to find happiness in all areas of my life. Where I am having a problem, I will trust in Heavenly Father. Trusting Him enough that I will follow His plan and in doing so, knowing sometimes it will be an uphill battle, that's when more growth happens, I will get my strength in Him and receive the happiness He desires for us all.

Blessings - Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! You are helping make this a better place for everyone. :)